PETITIONS and POLLS
In the past few weeks, more and more petitions and polls have been created. We’ll try to gather and add them to this page so please keep checking back! For now, please sign these petitions and take these polls:
- Suspending ads on Limbaugh isn’t enough
For three days, Rush Limbaugh used his radio show to viciously attack Sandra Fluke for daring to testify to a congressional committee that all women should receive basic health care. Pressure from hundreds of thousands of online activists spurred dozens of companies to stop advertising on Limbaugh’s show.
However, several of those advertisers have only suspended their support, rather than dropping it permanently. Sign the petition to those advertisers telling them that suspending is not enough.
The petition reads:
Suspending advertisements on Rush Limbaugh’s radio program is not enough. Show that you stand for basic health care for American women by dropping your support for him permanently. Sign here
- Bain Capital owns Clear Channel– who makes BIG money from Rush Limbaugh’s Syndication. And, Bain is a big money maker for the presumed Republican Presidential Nominee …. Please sign this petition and share it with your friends…. pass it on!
“Rush Limbaugh can say whatever he wants because the First Amendment says so, but Clear Channel shouldn’t profit from putting his attacks on women in front of a national megaphone.” http://signon.org/sign/clear-channel-discontinue?source=s.em.cp&r_by=3068200
- Shelly Berkley petition “Rush Limbaugh can say whatever he wants because the First Amendment says so, but Clear Channel shouldn’t profit from putting his attacks on women in front of a national megaphone”
- MoveOn has a page with links for petitions to remove Rush from local radio stations all over the country as of 3/27 there were 171 petitions! http://front.moveon.org/wishing-you-could-get-rush-limbaugh-off-of-a-radio-station-near-you/
- Another Petition to get him off the air on stations all over the country
- To Limbaugh’s advertisers “Stop supporting hate” “ Rush Limbaugh’s anti-woman tirades are appalling, and I am calling on you to stop supporting him with your advertising dollars.” Tell Rush’s Advertisers: “Stop Supporting Anti-Woman Hate”
- Don’t let the Missouri legislature honor Rush Limbaugh The petition reads: “Don’t place a bust of Rush Limbaugh in the State Capitol. If you honor him in this way, you are supporting his reprehensible attacks on women, which is insulting and offensive to the people of Missouri.”Missouri Speaker of the House Steven Tilley approved and commissioned a bust of Rush Limbaugh to go in the Hall of Famous Missourians in the Missouri Statehouse. Memorializing someone who is leading the war on women would be an affront to all Missourians. Tell Speaker Tilley: Respect Missouri’s women and stop the commission of the Rush Limbaugh bust for the Missouri Statehouse. SIGN HERE
- Please Keep Signing: Tell Sponsors To Drop Limbaugh. Yes to Free Speech – No To Hate Speech http://www.change.org/petitions/please-keep-signing-tell-sponsors-to-drop-limbaugh-yes-to-free-speech-no-to-hate-speech#
- To be delivered to: KFI 640 in Los Angeles KFI: Remove Rush Limbaugh from the airwaves. Rush Limbaugh, freedom of speech does not mean slandering another person. http://signon.org/sign/rush-limbaugh-5?source=s.tw&r_by=4038097
- Newtown CT: Should Rush Limbaugh Be Fired? [Poll] The talk radio host’s attack on a young woman over birth control has created a firestorm. What do you think? Take this Poll
- Get Rush off the air in Grants Pass Oregon Dear KAJO radio: Enough is enough. Please cancel Rush Limbaugh’s show. He is crude, vulgar, and no longer worthy of being on the air. Unless you believe that calling someone a ‘slut’ and a ‘prostitute’ for testifying in front of Congress is part of civil discourse in our community, then you should cancel his show. Thank you.
- Petition to get KOA Denver to DROP LIMBAUGH from their programming.
Take Rush Limbaugh off KNCO in Nevada County! Why would KNCO want to host a program that insults women in such a dreadful and disrespecting way? Sandra Fluke, a law student at Georgetown University who was advocating for health insurance plans to cover the cost of contraception, became the target of a series of attacks by Limbaugh. Besides calling her a “slut,” he also called her a “prostitute,” said that he wanted her to make sex tapes and post them online, and speculated that she only had a problem paying for contraception because she was having “so much sex.”Support the women in both our community and globally. This is not about conservative radio. Mr Limbaugh crossed a line and his show needs to be removed from KNCO. If you agree, please sign this petition. Thank you._http://www.signon.org/sign/take-rush-limbaugh-off?source=homepage
- Chancellor of the University of North Carolina: Tell Tar Heel Sports Network affiliates to drop Rush Limbaugh
- Armed Forces Radio:This is important because your tax dollars pays to run this radio station- it isn’t about equal voices, two sides etc .. this is about one man who has crossed the line too many times and this time he went WAY TOO FAR!https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/sec-panetta-get-rush-limbaugh-armed-forces-radio-now-no-tax-money-abusive-divisive-insulting/p439GWMm
- Sign our petition to the Pentagon on Rush Limbaugh @VoteVets.org Rush Limbaugh’s recent statement that women who use birth control are “sluts” and “prostitutes,” are outrageous, and undermine the respect that all troops – men and women – must have for each other. Sign petition calling for the American Forces Network to stop broadcasting him. Contact your senator and congressman and tell them to stop funding this show!
More action YOU can take to get Limbaugh’s show off of AFN:
- Find your senator’s contact information: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
- Find your congressman’s contact information: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/AFN has a statement on their FAQ page explaining that they don’t pay to advertise on the show … that isn’t what we want, we want them to STOP PLAYING THE SHOW!
- Send Leon Panetta a snail mail letter telling him you don’t want your tax money spent on this misogynist’s show!
Leon Panetta, Secretary of the DOD, 1400 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-1400
- Contact the DOD – send them a message: https://kb.defense.gov/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzMTc4NzI0OS9zaWQvN2ppWlM2VGs%3D